Friday, April 19, 2024

Resources for 2024 Year of Rest

 

RESOURCES TO SHARE

May Rest Calendar: Jillian Russell

Meet Jillian

How Jillian practices rest...

Often when we think of rest, we assume we are sleeping or sitting around. For someone like me who has to constantly be moving, this form of rest often does not work well for me. In order for me to fully feel rested, I need to move.


My favorite way to rest through movement is by caring for my plants and my garden and flowers in the summer. The act of caring for creatures and helping to bring life to my plants is a feeling like no other. To see them grow from a tiny seed to a plant that is 3 feet tall in some cases brings me this sense of accomplishment and replenishment. For me, the act of taking care of creation and to grow things is what helps me to rest. I find this form of rest in the fresh soil, the water in my watering can, and the beauty that I am able to create from such a tiny seed. Rest to me is taking care of God’s creation and being able to experience rest and replenishment from a new angle.


May Rest Calendar

Year of Rest Sermon

As Worship Leaders it can be difficult to find time to rest. This video and written sermon is a free resource you can use to provide rest to your leadership.


Sermon Title: Called to Rest

Pastor Drew Tucker, Executive Director of HopeWood Outdoors, invites us to reflect deeper on the meaning of rest. Rest isn’t just about sleep, but about accepting God’s invitation to rest in our belovedness as children of God.

Rest Resources
YouTube Recording
Sermon Transcript

Northwestern Ohio Synod is thankful to Jillian and Pastor Drew

and all of the leaders at HopeWood Outdoors for sharing their gifts.

Facebook  Web  Email  YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment