Friday, April 19, 2024

Interim Grace Notes for April 19, 2024

Exit Interview Planned and Hopefully Scheduled

This week I received the following message from Deacon Sherry Krieger, our NWOS Assistant to the Bishop for Strengthening Parishes & Synod Development:

Hi Pr. Mark,

We would like to schedule an exit interview with you in early May before you retire. Call Facilitators, Pr. Henry Seibert, Hannah Mapus, interim Dean Matt Wheeler, and a member of the Congregational Resource Team will be present to conduct this conversation with you and Council. I will be there, if it is possible in my schedule. Usually, this interview works best as a separate conversation from the regular church council meeting.

It would be helpful if you offered us some dates of availability for the council and yourself, then our team will check schedules as well.

Thanks so much.

Grace and Peace,
Sherry

I have not always done this at the end of my interims, in fact I only remember one other time when we did this, after my interim at First in Galion, 2017-18. It is designed to be a part of an "ending well" process that helps pave the way for the new leader. You can view the Exit Interview Outline HERE.

I have suggested Monday, May 6, 6:30 pm as a date that would work well for me. I will already be in the area, attending a pastor's retreat at Henry and Becky's house in the morning and afternoon of that day. Council members, check your calendars to see if this works for you.

Grace Youth Getting Ready for Rite of Confirmation

On Sunday I will be meeting with our three candidates for Affirmation of Baptism in the Rite of Confirmation; Tommy, Brenden and Libby. In our post-worship session we will be discussing what it means to affirm their baptismal faith, and we'll also take some time to rehearse the Rite so that everything goes smoothly. Oh, one more thing - youth will enter the organ pipe chamber and sign their names on the 2/4's in that room, a many decade tradition for Grace confirmands. Confirmands and their families will be honored with a breakfast prior to the service. Many thanks to Heather who has tag-teamed with me in leading the Confirmation learning and activity sessions.

Links For You

No comments:

Post a Comment